The International Alliance of Inhabitants (IAI) is calling for inhabitants’ organizations all over the world to show solidarity and mobilize to stop the incremental genocide of the Palestinian people in Gaza carried out by Israel. The IAI is launching a call for BDS to obtain a just peace with Zero Evictions and rebuild demolished Palestinian homes.
Continue reading at https://www.habitants.org/news/inhabitants_of_the_middle_east/bds_to_stop_the_incremental_genocide_in_gaza
These discourses of cultural cleansing and cultural genocide suffer from their focus upon the symbolic cultural heritage, which solely refers to one layer of urban destruction, the deliberate destruction of cultural artefacts. In other words, it focuses only upon the buildings whose loss is judged to be a cultural loss. However, the urban environment normally experiences more widespread destruction than these symbolic buildings. From the Bosnian history of cultural destruction it is evident that hundreds of other types of buildings were subject to destruction–for example, houses in Mostar Old Town and in many of the villages in Bosnia. The same can be noted in the Palestinian history of urban destruction–for example, Nablus old town (more details on Nablus are analyzed in Chapter 6). Indeed, urban destruction encompasses buildings that have no distinctive cultural value, or are of distinct cultural provenance. Thus the interpretation of urban destruction as an attack o cultural heritage provides only a partial (though striking) account of the destruction of the urban environment in Bosnia among other cases; it does not account for the scare of destruction or targeting of buildings that are not recognizable as such symbols of culture. Thus, cultural cleansing and cultural genocide are only partially reflecting the process of urban destruction; they reflect the destruction of cultural artefacts, but this destruction does not take place in a pure form or apart from the destruction of other types of urban environment.
Continue reading at https://books.google.ps/books?id=KLDpAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA21
“Israel” is committing genocide. It inflicts physical, economic and psychological violence on Palestinians daily…
- We support Palestinian self-determination and de-colonization of Palestine.
- We demand the right of return for the 5.5 million Palestinian refugees who have been displaced by “Israeli” invasion.
- We call for their safe return to their villages of origin and we demand that they be compensated for their losses.
- We support the movement to “disinvest (or divest) from “Israel.”
- We join the call for divestment from all corporations that do business with “Israel.” We join the call for boycotting “Israeli” products and divesting from financial ties that support the military industrial complex of “Israel.”
- The “U.S.” government must STOP $6 billion from US every year to finance “Israeli” colonization.
- We insist that the voices of Palestinians surviving and resisting occupation be heard.
- End all forms of violence committed against Palestinian women and families including rapes and still-births at checkpoints, political imprisonment and torture, and housing demolitions.
- STOP THE GENOCIDE AGAINST PALESTINIAN PEOPLE!
Continue reading at http://www.incite-national.org/page/palestine-points-unity
It’s clear that we can’t just tweet in the face of genocide and that marching from A to B in the face of massacre and ethnic cleansing is not enough. So what is enough to stop Israeli impunity and apartheid, and ongoing international governmental, institutional and corporate support for Israel? The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement is a Palestinian initiated call for a comprehensive cultural, economic, and academic boycott of Israel until Israel abides by international law and three core aims are achieved…
Continue reading at http://www.redpepper.org.uk/we-cant-just-tweet-in-the-face-of-genocide/
TAKE ACTION now and write a letter to the UN Office of the Special Adviser on the Prevention of Genocide. Make sure to post a copy of the letter in our comments as well, so we can publish it.